2018 Breaking Bao
BREAKING BAO: INTERGENERATIONAL ASIAN CULINARY EXPERIENCE – NEW YORK 2018
DATE & TIME
Friday, Nov 16, 2018
7:00pm - 10:00pm
335 Bowery NYC
Food and family have always gone hand in hand -- from crafting dumplings with a favorite uncle, or finding comfort in your mama's 36-hour broth with TCM fixings, or breaking the fast with your loved ones.
At this year's 9th annual LUCKYRICE FEAST: New York, we will celebrate inter-generational cuisine by shining the spotlight on our partner chefs’ secret off-menu dishes, homemade comfort foods, as well as the unique backstories behind them.
From Taiwan to India, Korea to Vietnam, cravable dishes spanning the Asian diaspora will be well-represented, paired with equally delicious libations.
Chef Sujan Sarkar
TASTING: Tuna Bhel
TASTING: Veggie Bagel Button Ball: smoked pickled daikon, cream cheese, sesame seeds
Chef Andy Xu
TASTING: Marinated Faroe Island Salmon: Sweet Soy Sauce, Sichuan Peppercorn, and Preserved Vegetables
Chef Lucas Sin
TASTING: Cantonese Bamboo Sticky Rice: chinese sausage, rose-cured bacon, shrimp salt, soy caramel
TASTING: Yubu Vegan Kimbap Roll (V, GF), Spicy Pork Kimbap Roll (GF)
Chef Priscilla Yeh
TASTING: Aunt Lily’s Shan Tofu & Squid Salad
Chef Ken Romaniszyn
TASTING: Exclusive tasting portions of Signature Mille Crêpes & Green Tea Mille Crêpes
Chef Watt Sriboonruang
TASTING: Crunchy Thaiger Pie (V, GF)
Tim Ho Wan (VIP Lounge exclusive Chef Partner)
Chef Martin Chan
TASTING: Off-menu Spinach Dumplings with Shrimp & Asparagus Dumplings with Shrimp
BLUE CURRENT BREWERY SAKE – Junmai Ginjo
DON PAPA RUM X OSAMIL WITH GELO HONRADE
• Tiki Easy Man! – Don Papa 10yo, pineapple, lime, grenadine, and Peychaud's bitters.
• After Midnight – Don Papa 7yo, coffee, chicory, kuromitsu (Japanese molasses), and milk.
• Papa’s Daiquiri – Don Papa 7yo, lime, and sugar.
Grooner – Grüner Veltliner white wine
MING RIVER BAIJIU
• Mr. Guo’s Punch – Ming River Sichuan Baijiu, Gold Rum, Amaro Montenegro, Orange Juice, Lemon Juice
NY MUTUAL TRADING
• Polanco Mexico - Rémy Martin XO, brown sugar, sparkling water, lemon, orange, orange bitters
• Nakamerugo Tokyo – Rémy Martin XO, brown sugar cube, fig, ginger, Angostura bitters
THE 1 WINE
The One - N103 Propriety Reserve